Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Books, Books and more BOOKS

What's up with that! (one of Christine's favorite little sayings)

Those who truly know me, know that I'm not a reader--engineer/#'s-Hello!...unlike my good friend Janice who teaches reading and lives on Reader Street. That's like Mr. Bookman the library repo-man on Seinfeld...too funny.

Back to the books. I've finished and started a bunch in the last 28 weeks and have forgotten to note that here:

Angel on Board...done. Good read and interesting story/ideas, and of course the Valentine story comes from here. (more on that later) Thanks Elizabeth.

Bible...1/3+ done. Great read and always interesting ideas for each and every day.

Celestine Prophecy...done--just finished this a.m. and read it for the 2nd time--what-me?. This is one of the books I read on a beach on vacation and decided to resurrect it and read it and the 10th Insight again. The CP movie is out at very selected theaters and will be a summer movie at the Batavia Basement Theater. Good book with interesting ideas as well...speaks of coincidences and their meaning in life.

The Andean Codex...a will start soon. From my friend Janice...looks good and am looking forward to reading. Thanks J.

Praying Our Goodbyes...recommended by friends so I finally bought it and gave it to C for Mothers Day. I'll read it too. Thanks Dukes.

The Circle of Life...same author as above and gift for C as well, but I'll read it too.

Purpose Driven Life...I've heard plus and minus reviews of this book, so I better find out for myself

The Prophet...saw it mentioned in Walk The Line with Johnny Cash...June gave it to him. I've downloaded and printed--ready for reading.

And finally..............

Mrs. Celery Stalk takes a Walk... Oh, Lord. What a blessing it is that Mary Ellen has dedicated this Children's book to Christine. Our personal sales began last week after we received the shipment and we've sold over 150 in 7 days. Our Parish was kind enough to sell them after the masses this past w/e and it'll be on sale at St. Mark's Pre-School. A publisher has shown interest in the book and will sell the book as well. A special thanks to those who've purchased copies already. We intend to use the proceeds to replenish the CEM Memorial Fund so that more good things can be done with the money. There will be an article in the Daily Herald this Friday about the book. If you'd like a copy or additional copies, give us a call or drop me a note off blog.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

How cool! I hope Mr. Celery makes the NY Times best seller list!!!

Laura

 
At 8:44 AM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know I never laughed so hard with kids book before, it is so cute. The kids and I were trying to pick out who we related too. Lets just say I was Mrs. Talkabout, go figure. We loved her portrait on back (made me cry) and Emily said right away, "I remember this picture on the beach of Christine" they couldn't stop looking at her picture, just beautiful. Very cool to have such a great memory in her honor and I know she's happy too. The kids think it's cool and I'm still passing out books and will need some more that I want to send to my girlfriends, I'll talk to C.

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home