Friday, April 28, 2006

Thinking forward

Can it be that I don't want spring or summer to come at all this year? I've been holding back on posting this one... hurts just thinking about it, let alone typing it out.

This week was really cold...so spring aint here yet.......maybe it won't come.

A few Saturdays back now, my neighbor MB, noted to me that soon I would be out gardening...I told her (as I've told others) that it will be very difficult to do so this year with out my little helper. A few weeks later her husband said the same thing as I was out turning over the garden.

In late March I cleaned up the veg-garden area...I'd thrown all the funeral flowers out there in November and had to face them again in March...should have just tossed them straight into the garbage back in Nov. so I would not have to relive the pain again.

Christine would help me plant tomatoes, hot-peppers and annuals about this time of the year for at least the last 3 years...I can hardly bare to think about doing it w/o her...I know, I should be thinking of taking it up with Lauren...that will come, but it may not be this year. SHe would them love to help water and pick them too. We'd get a bucket from the closet and head out there a few times each week.

I saved and dried out a few tomato seeds from last years crop in hopes that I can grow new cherry, plum and *normal* tomatoes from the seeds every year...I've never grown them from seed...a little late in the season to try this year. We did grow some hot-peppers from seed last March and they have survived the winter in out master bathtub area...will at least stick them in the ground after the last frost warning here...that may be it for this year.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Debstmomy said...

The year of firsts.....it is so hard. But somehow we get through. I hope when you do get back to your garden, you find a piece of Christine there & find some peace. I wish you strength.

 
At 11:11 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm guessing she'll be right there helping you out as always.

I second what Deb said...wish you strength.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home