Sunday, March 19, 2006

Rock, Hope...Survivor

My *baby* sister Teresa is an amazing woman...those of you who know her probably already know this...but let me remind you why.

This past week, she became a 10-year survivor of stage 4 breast cancer. I recall that day-3.15.96...one of the saddest days in my life and my whole family's life. In these past 10 years she has shown us all that she is a true survivor, never really complaining or saying poor me. She battles with such grace, such hope and such courage. She has endured countless radiation treatments, chemo-therapy, stem cell replacement, hormone therapy, chemo and many other pills/drugs. She has shown me, and especially others with a terminal illness, that there is hope. She/we've stopped asking why but rather focus on the future and survival.

C made a spectacular meal last night for Teresa/Scott/us to celebrate...we drank and toasted with champagne...we visited and we laughed...her laugh is infectious. It warms my heart to hear that precious laugh.

T/Tess/piece/Teresa --you are my rock and inspiration! We're all here to see you through the next 10 years. I love you.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! What an inspiration. Survival, whether it be physical, spiritual, or emotional requires grace and strength. You're a survivor, too. JJS

 
At 5:31 PM, March 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky I am in this life, and how touching to read your compassionate words. We had a great visit last weekend.
M, I love you too.
T

 
At 8:20 PM, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never new your sister was a Survivor and now that I'm walking 29 miles in June, I will be thinking of her too. DC

 
At 9:31 PM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maven:

Do you still have my drumstick with the "coded" saying on it? I hope so.....here's to many more years!

C-1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home