Saturday, March 04, 2006

PRAYER: for-to-with...and various types

What does prayer mean? what does it do, for you? What types of prayer are there?

If, as some read this and think I'm writing about you, maybe I am, maybe it's someone else...I've spoken to many people about prayer lately, so don't think I'm *calling you out* on this...many people share each of these descriptions.

I pray often...always have, but now it's different. I would often stand in the shower, before work, and say a thankful prayer-that I had such a great family and home. I would not just pray for things, people but often of thanks. This topic is so deep & I'm barely scratching the surface of the subject matter, but wanted to share a few items.


C & I really had no time to pray for Christine's health...she was taken so fast. I do pray that she's enjoying life in heaven. I have not really prayed with her since she's been gone, but would often help her say her prayers before bed.

This past week at a CRHP meeting, Steve led the group in silent prayer...just envisoning God's being...not praying for anything but rather just being in his presence....was moving.

As I noted this week, I've promised so many people that I'd keep them in my daily prayers, I thought it best to share that list with ALL for various reasons...so I started a 2nd blog.





My goal is multi-fold: I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to make this blog interactive so others can add their prayers to the list...and so that others can pray for these people as they see fit.

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your second blog -- what a great idea, so cool. I think it's a great way to keep track of the promise to pray for someone. Sometimes I feel like that promise is given lightly, when it shouldn't be at all. For me, if I make that promise to someone, I really, really try and keep it. But still, I am always afraid I'll forget. I may be stealing and/or adapting that idea for myself. Thank you! JJS

 
At 2:25 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I do have a format for prayer. I try to do it nightly and if I miss it, then I feel the absence of prayer (if that makes sense). I try to model my prayers after the Lord's prayer beginning with a thanks to God for his presence, a thanks for our church and an ongoing list of gratitude (puts me in the right frame of mind even if my day has been crappy), then I go through the list of people who need help (including myself sometimes). I pray for God's will and for my own acceptance/submission to God's will.

Thanks for having me on your list! (You and your family have been on mine!)

 
At 1:47 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Bike said...

JJS & LJS...thanks for sharing your thoughts on prayer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home