Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Eulogy by Auntie Donna

Dearest Christine,

Hola!

There has always been excitement involving your life. It started before you were born. Your father created an internet web site, which included a poll if you were going to be a girl or boy. There were also ultrasound pictures of you.

The day we found out you were "On the Way" was Christmas Day, 2000. Your parents gave Grandma Peska a picture frame with a picture of a baby with an approximate due date, signed Baby Mueller.

Uncle Mel and I met you for the first time the day after you were born. We noted how your very dark hair reminded us of when your cousin Melissa was born.

Since Melissa is all grown up now, I have thoroughly enjoyed shopping for "little girl" clothes and toys for you. You have always been happy with even the little things we did. One of my favorite things to do with you is walk to the park. While you are riding your bike, I walk my dog Jordan. Even though you have always been afraid of Jordan, we have fun, hooking him up to a tree, then you and I get on the airplane, you are the pilot and I am the passenger, and we fly to the beach house. Then we swim and run in the pretend water. Your favorite playground piece of equipment, the slide, also gets used a lot!

I am so thrilled that you have had so many happy hours playing kitchen with the kitchen set and food and dishes. We made a lot of yummy coffee, tea and pies.

Christine-----you have gone from "Baby Christine" to "The Toddler", to "The preschooler". You have been a huge star that has shone in our lives.

I will be forever grateful that I got to spend some time with you on your last day with us. On Saturday, you, Baby Lauren, and your mother came to my house trick or treating. You were wearing your beautiful purple princess costume that your mom made.

I am also thankful that I made one of your favorite meals for lunch, tacos.

Your cousin Rick knocked over your mom's margarita when I asked him to turn the pumpkin around on the dining room table for you to see. What a mess to clean up! The floor is still sticky! Thank goodness the cleaning crew is coming on Thursday.

Christine, the one thing I will always remember is the last thing you and I did together -----playing with the owl and penguin puppets that I gave you and Baby Lauren for Halloween.

I certainly hope Lauren likes Grandma Peska's pool as much as you do, so I can play motor boat with her, like I do with you. Aunt Sandy, you and I had a lot of fun playing Duck, Duck, goose. You were the "silly goose"

Even though you have the Mueller genes for your looks, you did inherit an important Peska trait ---- the sense of smell and sniffing. That is why you like to put on cologne and lip gloss so much!

Christine, when you meet your Grandpa Peska and Great Grandma Kutzendorfer in Heaven, they certainly are going to enjoy playing puzzles, drawing, reading books, and playing board games with you.

Christine, you have been such a joy to the Alexander family. You are just like a daughter and sister to us.

We love you forever,
Adios,
Aunt Donna, Uncle Mel, cousins Melissa and Rick

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet tribute. Christine was surrounded by love on all sides. What a blessing. JJS

 
At 3:05 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I love that picture of her. She has a beautiful smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home