Thursday, February 16, 2006

Patty, Pat and Cindy...You'll be missed!

Today, I knew friends or family that attended one of these three funerals...a sad morning for sure.

10:00 a.m., Patty A. Tapocik (46)...worked at my friends IL State Fair corn dog stand. Never knew her but saw her hand me a corn dog every year. Sandy, I know you'll miss her dearly.

11:00 a.m., Patrick A. Maestranzi (36)...brother of a co-worker. Never knew him, but know Matt well. I went to the wake last night--that's another blog post/entry. Matt, what a touching wake service, a tremendous loss.

12 noon, Cynthia Susan Stults (56)...acquaintance of my parents, best friend of my mothers very good friend. Never knew her, but know her best friend. Linda, you were her angel on earth.

Not certain why I decided to post this about people I don't know at all, but guess I just wanted to say they'll be missed. The Big C *Cancer* got the best of all three of these great people--may they rest in peace with the good Lord.

All of their family and friends need to heed Psalm 34:18--yesterdays post.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing OK with all this surrounding you. JJS

 
At 9:39 PM, February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are always with you and we truly see a light at the end of this dark tunnel you all are traveling. To much sadness, we need much more happiness even if we have to build our own.
DC

 
At 11:30 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Bike said...

JJS & DC...thanks for the notes here. I'm fine, but just sad to know, albeit slightly, 3 peeps dying of cancer and buried on the same day. I know you both have been touched by this terrible *Big C* as well...I pray for those who are close to you who've lost their battle and those who continue to fight.

 
At 8:14 PM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one who is fighting the battle, it is sad to see the death of so many. In some crazy way, it makes me feel like I am not alone in this. So many go before me and after in similar battles. One does not get to choose the cross to bear; but can choose how to carry it.
I found strength and courage I did not know I had; but is there another choice --other than to fight the battle and cherish what is here and now?
TM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home