Saturday, February 04, 2006

ABC's of Grief..."C" -again

C: Compassion...at mass tonight, Fr. Bernie spoke of compassion in his homily. This time, instead of speaking directly to me, he was speaking right to our great neighbors and friends.

He spoke of how much compassion he's witnessed from the St. Ray's community over the last few months...then he began to sight instances. Just as he began to list them, I knew what he would say and it was the very first instance he sighted...'the compassion neighbors and friends have shown a young couple who've lost a child'---man---I began to cry right then...we'll I had already been weeping (but only out of one eye--Laura I'm a freak too) and that statement hit me hard and I almost burst out into full blown blubbering. I knew he was talking specifically about our friends and neighbors. Unfortunately, I don't think many of them were at this mass. I hope they hear it at another mass. I may have mentioned it already in this blog, but we have spectacular neighbors and friends around us! They've shown us such great compassion and support over these last 14 weeks, it's hard to describe...thank you all for everything you've done for us!!!

Fr. also spoke of the compassion shown to the parish of St. Ann's--knew he'd mention that as well. He asked that we all evaluate our lives and where compassion fits in...truly a timely homily--but then again, they all are, if only we listen.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....I can't hear!!!
This is not easy!!

 
At 4:18 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Bike said...

Back at you Dude...know that I pray for you and all your struggles daily!!

 
At 9:49 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there in closer proximity for you. I'm so thankful for the support of your neighbors and friends. JJS

 
At 9:56 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have the best block ever and that is why it was so hard to leave. I loved everyone and it was so awesome to walk out your door and feel so much kindness. We felt safe, I felt safe to let my kids out because I new we always had each others back. Everyone just watched out for each other and now I know why we moved to your block because God told us too. I think God had a plan and we became a great part of it, maybe to see us bond more, maybe to see us repect one another more, maybe to see us show how much we do care for people in our lives or maybe to bring out our faith a little more.
We became friends for a reason and very close friends that is true, so someone up above sure knows what he's doing. That is why we didn't want to move far because we miss everyone and our kids had to many close bonds on the block. So they will grow up just like us and I think that's cool. Like the song saids "That's what friends are For."

DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home