Friday, January 20, 2006

Willow House II

Last night C and I attended our second WH support group meeting. We met Kitty, our group facilitator, for the first time. She shared her loss/background and we shared ours. We spoke of how we all managed the holidays and what we did. We discussed NY resolutions and shared our thoughts on that...I noted that I'm going to try to read the entire bible this year. Jean noted that she's going to become a yoga instructor, part of a one-year training program. Jean also mentioned that her and her husband will be walking a half-marathon for their son on his birthday-he died 3-4 years ago of leukemia. Craig and Jacki spoke of meeting with us over the last month and they also spoke of another death in their family. They talked about how they came to terms with moving forward with a head stone for Ema...we still need to do that.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Choosing an appropriate memorial would be a tough choice. Good luck.

I'm a big fan of support groups (having benefited from a few in the past). I'm going to take my church's divorce support class soon. I always get a lot from sharing experiences. I hope you and C do too.

 
At 10:05 AM, January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't rush if you're not ready. Everything will come in it's time. Thinking of you--J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home