Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Books

Last week I finished my second grief book, After the Darkest Hour the Sun Will Shine Again : A Parent's Guide to Coping with the Loss of a Child, after completing The Bereaved Parent the week before. In general, the books are very helpful...pointing out things that one feels today and in the future as well as letting the reader know they are not alone. I'd thought about detailing my thoughts, but they have come and gone as I read each day on the train.

So, now on to the next book...the Good Book as they say. I'd gotten a copy of The One Year Bible from my parents for Christmas and Mom had just asked if I'd started it yet. I first wanted to finish the other grief books, so the answer was no last week. Well, on Sunday, instead of watching the Bears loss, I began to read Jan 1 & 2. It's nicely divided into 365 days for the OT, NT, Psalms, and Proverbs. Yesterday, I sat and read for a few hours and caught up to Jan 16...felt good this morning on the train to be on track to read it all this year.

As I read, I listened to the Sound track for The Passion of the Christ, which my nephew had given me for Christmas--thanks Z...seemed appropriate. I've not sat and read for that long since a beach vacation many years ago...was nice.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

M, I've been reading that CS Lewis book. It's OK, but I find his style to be a bit choppy. Juanita has your address. Don't buy it. I'll send it your way (unless you already have it).

 
At 5:40 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Bike said...

L,
Thanks for the thought...I think I'll can get it at our library and save me (& you) $$ in buying/mailing.
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home