Friday, January 13, 2006

Special Gifts

We've received many supporting emails, cards, masses, $$, food, statues and other special gifts since Christine's death...two are of note this week.

Some very good friends of my parents (who don't know me that well) have had a star named for Christine! We received a large package this week containing a framed map of the location of that star. This is so special! Christine was always the first one to notice the bright moon and the many stars around it. Now we need to have the darn clouds clear out so we can locate it.

The morning Christine died, I went out onto the driveway by myself (before dawn) and looked to the sky to ask why?, where are you? where have you gone? She was right there...the sky has not looked like this before or since. The best way I can describe it is a wave-like cirrus cloud formation...similar to the pic, but the waves were much more aligned and orderly and illuminated with the pre-dawn stars. It was amazing! Now her star is among the clouds of heaven.

The 2nd special gift we received this week was a CD of music that a fellow blogger created just for us. Jeff spent considerable time and thought selecting the songs and putting them in a specific order. He also wrote a very nice note about how these songs affect him and how they remind him of Christine--I teared up just reading the note--can only image what will happen listening to the music.

This may not seem special to most, but Jeff has never met Christine or me. He only stumbled across my blog last month via another blog-site I had commented on. He is a father and feels the pain and sorrow surrounding our family. This too is so special!

These very kind gestures, from people who hardly know me, means the world to me. C & I look forward to gazing at Christine's star and listening to the music for now till we meet her again.
Thanks so much!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home