Friday, January 06, 2006

Blogging before reading

I've made a conscious effort to blog my thoughts well before I started to dive into grief/support books...as to not seem to be echoing the book themes or skew my blogging in a certain direction. As I've now finished my first book (in just over a week?--is that even possible for an engineer who never reads) and have read a few other short publications, I see that I made the right choice or did I. Most everything I've read so far, I have experienced or at least thought about but may not have blogged...but I probably will.

I've just finished reading The Bereaved Parent. There are many points that I want to touch on, and will do so in other blog entries.

I'm now reading After the Darkest Hour the Sun Will Shine Again : A Parent's Guide to Coping with the Loss of a Child.

C and I are reading Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations For Working Through Grief. It's an easy one page read a day for the year.

As I sit on the train reading these books daily, I never ever thought I'd be reading these types of books in my life, but they are insightful and helpful in the healing process. Thanks to those who bought them for us and you are welcome to read them after we've done so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home