Monday, February 20, 2006

Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP)

This past w/e I attend CRHP (pronounced Chirp) at my Parish, St. Raymond de Penafort Church. The Parish bulletin defines the Men's CRHP as 'A formation process in which men gather to share those things that are important to their lives: spiritual, social and personal.'

As I mentioned in a previous post, 'I’ve wanted to attend this w/e now for the last two years, but because of work commitments, I’ve not been able to take the time.’ Recently, a woman mentioned to us that she had attended one and that the w/e that one attends a CRHP is the one they were destined to attend. So TRUE...

During the w/e I often wondered if I had attended back in ‘04 or ‘05, what would I be feeling and reacting to? I was also wondering if anyone attending was thinking that I was attending because Christine died and I was seeking comfort or insight into that from this w/e…This w/e was surly different in ‘06 than it would have been for me in ‘04 or ‘05. It of course had a greater impact today.

What did this w/e mean to me--well...it's hard to describe, unless you've been to one or something similar. It's kind of a male bonding w/e with fellow parishioners, sharing life stories and discussing how God plays a role in our lives...very uplifting and renews your faith in God and people. The mantra for the w/e is similar to a trip to Vegas…*what’s done/said in Vegas stays in Vegas.* So, I’ll not get into specifics, but it’s a very enlightening experience to hear the witness speakers stories and then affirm them after their talk.

As I thought about it last night, my blog here is kind of a witness to my life’s experience (at least from 10.30.05 on) and the peeps that comment, affirm that.

Speaking of affirming, I’m personally calling all those peeps who took the time to be apart of my w/e in a very special way…you all know who you are…you read my pain, you share my sorrow and joy, you affirm my life…

Special Thanks to: C/L, M/D, Paulie, Tess, Linner, DJA, Sandra, C-1, J, Lynnie, S/J, Sods, BFA, Phil, Bone, DV, DC, Mike, Craig and Jacki. Your kindness will not be forgotten.

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds very cool. I'm glad you went. I've heard great things about those weekends, but unfortunately our parish doesn't offer them. We have small faith-sharing groups, which have been a major blessing in my life, though. I definitely agree that the Holy Spirit calls us to be part of something like that when the time is right. JJS

 
At 2:06 PM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M,
It was my privilege to lend a hand to you. That’s what friends are for.
PJ

 
At 2:28 PM, February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it was an honor too. After all I know alot about retreats and it is like going to Vegas. The one thing I have always held close to my heart is my faith no matter how many think I'm a bit much with it. But ya know it's the only thing that works in our lives and I truly feel sorry for the ones who don't take it to heart and only use it when they need something. If anything could change a persons belief, well a retreat would just do that and sometimes make you whole again. There is such a rush you get and the power there is so amazing. I wish more people could feel this power you have for everyone around you. Another blessing in desguise for you.
DC

 
At 5:33 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Roger said...

I'll keep you in your prayers as you continue your spiritual growth. We don't have CRHP in my parish, but 15 years ago, I had the privilege of going to a Cursillo weekend. The Holy Spirit does indeed work at the right time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home