Sunday, March 19, 2006

ABC's of Grief..."C" -V

I must step back and define a few more C-words...

C: Christ...The Lord our Savior and part of the Holy Trinity--that's the standard definition, but there is so much more. Christ is in the people all around me--more than Trinity--it's infinity. I see Him almost daily in the family and friends in my life. When someone allows me to cry on their shoulder, when somene shoots me a quick little 'how are you today-thinking of you' email, when someone takes the time to support me in some small way w/o evening knowing it, I know that Christ is there... This past w/e some neighbors invited me over for a little St. Patty's Day cheer...the evening was full of laughs, sharing of fun stories and ends with a review of Christine's beautiful funeral and many tears...only friends that have Christ in them would be able to ride that roller coaster. I thank them all for being Christ to me.

C: Comfort...solace in time of grief, to ease physically. Sure, it's both of these, but also it's the ease of a crushed spirit a broken heart. Those St. Patty's Day friends gave such comfort to me w/o really knowing it...a subtle hug, a laugh, a wink, a tear--all brought comfort to a grieving father--thanks Chris, Rob, Nor, Tony and Matthews. Of course, I seek comfort in Psalm 34:18.


C: Christine...Angel on earth--missed every moment of every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home