Sunday, March 05, 2006

So close...and a nice musical evening

At 5:15 mass last night, I almost made it through w/o a tear or tearing up...then the closing song--a little tearing up.

Lead Me, Guide Me

It's not that I'm trying to hold back tears or sorrow...it's just an observation that the mass affects me differently every week...this week it came at the end. That song has always been touching to me--now, more so, that I read/sing/listen to the words.

--
After mass, C & I went to see a new CRHP brother/Johnny B. sing and play piano at a local restaurant...was very very nice. People with such talents amaze me--so gifted. I gave him a Mr. O CD to thank him for the music and he gave me his latest CD...very nice. We ran into the Spieks clan and that was nice--celebrating a b'day there. They, fellow P-towners, enjoyed the music of Johnny too.

After dinner, we continued the musical evening and headed to a local Irish Pub to see our neighbor play bass in an 80's cover band...have never heard *quiet* Marty play...he was jamming in his *musical element*. Was nice to see! I gave him a Mr. O CD as well to thank him for the music. Half our neighborhood was there to support Marty...was so nice to see and talk to all of them...once again--what great neighbors we have.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got out. It sounds like a nice evening. JJS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home