Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Eulogy by Grandma P.

My darling Christine:

It is with a very heavy and broken heart that I must say goodbye to you.

It was my privilege to be present at your birth and you immediately stole my heart. My only regret was that your grandfather and granny were not here to see you. By now I’m sure they have welcomed you and are getting acquainted with your charming ways.

I have so many fond memories of you. Mostly I will remember how you liked to visit me, especially overnight, when we could do "girl things" like test all my lotions and colognes. When I look out my window down on the swimming pool I can still see you frolicking in the water and enjoying the nearby playground. You never tired of hearing the same stories or watching the same Disney videos. One of my great pleasures was shopping for you. You had a very special personality and brought your radiance with you everywhere. You were beautiful inside and out. Nothing will ever be the same without you. You will remain close to me in my heart forever.

Sleep well my sweet little Christine. You were truly God’s gift.

Your loving but very sad Grandma.

(As read by Lynn)

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MM

Just sat done to take a break to read your journals that you have wrote in the past week. I love these stories from your family that were read at Christines funeral. She touched so many people isn't that amazing and how could anyone forget her. She had the look of an Angel, so delicate, so loving, so happy and so much fun. We truly miss her!

DC

 
At 10:52 AM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very difficult, but also wonderful to read all the great comments and stories we all have about Christine. I truly hope she knows what a delight she was for all of us. This one from Grandma was especially tough, because, next to you and C, she has been the closest to Christine, and she is truly mourning her death. Luckily she is able to attend the grandparent's bereavement meetings and that it will help her to cope and mend.
DJA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home