Thursday, June 22, 2006

6.22.06--Part II

Part I was the 1:30 am entry.

7 to 10a.m.

The day has been special already.

Mass at 7-Fr. Bernie doing a great job again. Before the mass, Chuck H. stopped to say hi in the pew and knew it was tough for us and gave a little support--thanks Chuck. Bernie's homily about the Our Father prayer was perfect...it helps me know to read the Gospel before the mass so when I hear it at mass it's for the second time...more impact. Anyway, great sermon and thoughts on prayer (like the single prayer Sody said for us--thanks) Instead of Christine's name being said during the general intentions, he said her name along with another during the Eucharist...very special...with all the tears I've shed at mass in the last 33.5 weeks, none today...she's keeping us strong as I asked her to do.

Then a visit to the cemetery...C wanted to buy flowers for the grave and I said what's wrong with the plenty we have in the yard. So we took two day lilies and a rose. Once there we visited Rich and Kutz then Christine. Standing there we saw beautiful rain clouds in the sky (pic here was from home but does not do the ones seen at the cemetery justice) Again, no tears or breakdown...just a prayer.

Once home I began mowing the lawn in the drizzle...kind of refreshing--the tears I have not shed today were falling on me from above...was very cool!

After the mow, I walked around the block in the rain. I always wanted to do that with Christine...I know I mentioned it to her and we did get a chance to do that a bit on the 4th last year when the parade was rained out...but this walk in the rain this day was just as special.

Once home I began planting pink flowers that I'd bought last week, in the vegetable garden...with rain coming down...something freeing about that! Thanks Tini!

...all this before 10.

Last night/early this a.m. (1:30 am.) I asked Christine to keep us strong today like she did when we asked her to do that for us the day of her wake and funeral...she has come through again!

I'm certain a few tears will be shed later this pm. when friends and neighbors come by to see the beautiful tree they bought us, that will be part III...and now here comes the sun--thanks!

5 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty,
I was out this morning around 9 with Paige and we noticed those same awesome clouds. You're right, your picture doesn't do them justice...they were so beautifully unique. Anyway, we were also talking about Christine when we saw them. I guess a little birthday gift to herself!

 
At 1:55 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude-
Thoughts are with you & C constantly today....as many other days

 
At 12:28 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm so glad that you have God, your wife, your daughters, family and friends to help you through this time.

 
At 4:02 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Randy said...

Saw the nice comment you posted at my site. I did come across your blog serveral months ago and saw your loss. I did not know what to say since your loss was different from mine. Although our loss has saddened us and changed our lives forever, I don't even want to think about loosing my 3 or 9 year old. It would be devastating to me. Thankfully we still have a hope from the Bible, As Jesus promised, "the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus'] voice and come out." (John 5:28, 29)
I know I will see my baby again someday.
Again thanks for the thoughts and hope that the Bible can bring you comfort as well.

 
At 2:04 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Roger said...

I admire the way you have turned to your faith to help you cope with the loss of your daughter. I know faith helped me and my family deal with the loss of my brother 10 years ago.

Your site is truly an inspiration to me and to other people coping with the loss of a loved one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home