Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Awake at all hours

What the hell...?! Am I immune to the damn knock-out pill now...sitting here at 2:32 a.m., pondering the next few days...

C put together a little invite for the neighbors today...I could not come to grips to do it---Sunday I felt like I could not even face that day and did not feel like I wanted to have anyone here...now I guess that's the better route--surrounding us with friends to help ease the pain. If your in the hood, stop on by. I noted to a few peeps in an email last night that this is not a b'day party, but laughter/joy and sorrow/crying are welcome.

----

PLEASE JOIN THE MUELLER’S
802 Cathy Lane

THURSDAY, JUNE 22
Anytime after 4pm

FOR THE CELEBRATION OF
“CHRISTINE’S TREE”


Charlie, Marty & Dar planted the tree in our backyard on June 3. It’s a European Tri-Color Beech with pink and purple leaves (Christine’s favorite colors). It looks great!! Thank you to all of our wonderful neighbors for your continued support and this lovely remembrance.



DRINKS & SNACKS WILL BE SERVED
THROUGHOUT THE EVENING

We hope to see you Thursday, June 22

4 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Debstmomy said...

I just wanted to let you know, I thought of you on Sunday. I hope you are doing well. I remember that first fathers day for my husband, after we lost our daughter. Anyway, you were in my thoughts.

 
At 5:06 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, I wanted to let you know I got your comment on my blog when I walked in the door an hour or so ago. Intending initially to just check out your blog and move on, I've spent the entire time reading your various entries. I have a vague recollection of having visited here before, but at the time I didn't realize what a treasure it is. This is possibly the most touching blog I've ever seen.

I can't even begin to imagine what you ard your family went through. I am so sorry for your loss and my heart is breaking for you and your family. Truly.

The Oak Ridge article linked on my blog was indeed written by a relative of mine - my youngest daughter when she was a junior in high school almost five years ago. Thank you for the comment. And, I look forward to reading your blog in the future.

 
At 1:54 PM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One can become immune to the damn knockout pill...sorry to say, but speaking from experience. JJS

 
At 6:12 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm there in spirit. Good luck today. You are blessed in so many ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home