Friday, June 16, 2006

365 days later...

"Hi, Happy Birthday. See ya soon, bye......why"

That's the voice mail message from Christine that I've saved from last year on this date. Our office system automatically deletes old vm's, so I've had to forward this to myself every couple of weeks or so, so that it was saved...

How did I know to save it and keep saving it 4 months before she died...her voice is so sweet on the vm, that I knew I wanted to hear it again when she's 43 and I'm in my 80's...now it's my special gift today and every day.

Not certain why she was asking C "why" at the end of the message...probably asking why I was not there to answer her call...I was upset I missed that call that morning, but now I'm glad I missed it so that I can hear her now when ever I want.

Thanks Christine!!

7 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M,
Contact your IT people, or whoever,
and have them download the message for you.
PJ

 
At 3:27 PM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have that message. That's truly amazing. See, didn't I tell you Christine would want you to have a happy birthday today? She told you so herself. JJS

 
At 3:59 PM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with PJ above...you have to get that message downloaded or copied somehow. It is too precious to trust to some hoaky voicemail system!
SM

 
At 6:24 PM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty,

I know how truly special that message is for you. On my birthday, C called me and played an audiotape of Christine fooling around with her tapeplayer, and she specifically was singing Happy Birthday Aunt Donna. I hope that stays around FOREVER! Also, I think I mentioned to you that I have saved on my voice mail a Halloween thank you from Christine........treasures.

Love,
DJA

 
At 4:12 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

That is so sweet. I'm glad you have that.

Laura

 
At 5:02 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Debstmomy said...

OH man...what a gift to cherish forever.

 
At 8:27 PM, June 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to your message saving and what a great gift God gave you to have and listen to always. Last year vacationing with my Aunt for the last time as she sat on a couch singing so beautiful as always. I grabbed my video camera and started taping as someone looked at me and said this maybe the last time you ever get a chance like to her sing again. I have nothing on tape of her at all and new it maybe the last time I hear her voice so pretty. So now as she lies in her hopital bed not speaking and waiting for her peace. I think of her voice singing out loud & so pretty. She will soon be up next to Christine sharing her songs. We really miss little Christine. This Thursday will be a hard one and you will be in our prayers now & always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home