Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday Blues--Toughing it out

Tonight St. Mark's Church is holding a Show/Ceremony for the outgoing 4-year olds...I hesitate to call it a Graduation...I don't think they do.

I truly had no thoughts of going until last week when a few mothers and teachers told us they would like us to come. A few moms stopped by the house last week to drop off a scrapbook of pictures of Christine at pre-school...they all made a page or two. I've not had the will power to look at it yet.

I'm very hesitant to bring sorrow to the kids/parents at such a joyful time for them...moving on to kindergarten, but weather we are there or not, they will show pictures of Christine. So C and I are going to *tough it out* and go (sitting in the back). I told C to cry this afternoon so we can hold up better tonight...I've shed a few tears here at the office just talking to others about it and a bit at noon mass, but have not had a good cry...it will be a tough one for sure......as we attempt to endure yet another sorrowful event w/o our precious Christine.
----
Just back...a few tears, more from C (which got me started). The kids sang a bunch of songs and then they showed pix of the year--only a few pix of Christine in the first few slides. First time in a long time I've seen her angelic face...lots of tears. They were holding a *social* gathering after...we skated out.....and so ends the day.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bike, that must have been hard. You were so brave to go, I don't think I could have done it. I wish I knew what to say. Just know I'm thinking of you. JJS

 
At 10:24 PM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bike: I'm sure that the strength you mustered to attend was an inspiration to everyone there. Craig

 
At 9:31 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Bike said...

Thanks JJS & Craig...
It was sad but not what I expected.
We strolled in 10 minutes before the show and were the last ones there, since everyone else got there early to get the front row seats (for videotaping and pictures)...we sat in the last row of peeps and kept a low profile. Waved to a few moms from the pew, watched the show and were the first ones out....kind of like closing a door on that chapter of our life.....all the kids will be going their separate ways and we may not see them for a long time.

 
At 11:04 AM, May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not visited the blog in a while. I know we have talked about the happenings, but it is also enlightening to read about it all. I remain touched and inspired by your hope, wisdom, reflection, truth and faith. We don't often see ourselves as others do, but know that you are teaching us all how to be compassionate and true to ourselves. Love, T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home