Monday, March 27, 2006

Cubs v. Cards

A classic rivalry for sure.

As I ate lunch with Bone last week, he mentioned that he and Chris wanted to come up some Sunday soon, just to visit, go out to eat etc.

I thought to myself that would be a very long day (over 400 miles travel) for these guys…there are so many things to do around here—I’d have to investigate options.

As I was walking from the train to the office this morning, I ran into Birinder…president of another engineering consulting firm. We’ve worked together on projects for the Tollway in the past. We chatted about business for a bit and he asked, after noting my Bulls hat, ‘Do you like the Bulls, how about the Cubs?’ I said I had Bulls tix when they were good and that I love Wrigley Field especially when the Cardinals are in town. He then offered me his 4 field box seats for a Sunday (opening w/e) game – Cubs v. Cards…perfect! I could ask Bone and Chris if that would be a good Sunday event … they said great and now we pray for decent April weather in Chicago! God certainly was *hooking me up* with these tix…let’s get hooked up with at least 50’s and no rain.

Thank you Lord for plopping this right in my lap…you work in many mysterious ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home