Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thoughts from friends

I've just noticed that the blog has been taking a --let's see where and what Marty cried about today turn (which I can do---since it's my blog, but don't want to all the time)... but it will again someday. But today I wanted to post some additional *Remember Items* about Christine, but have had to do some real work at the office and will be attending a WillowHouse grief support group for the first time tonight with C. So, the remember items will be in draft form for now.
---------
I have been receiving some off-blog (emails) from supporters/friends and have decided to post them here...each has a different look at suffering and grief. Thanks to Jen and Jeff for sharing!!

From an Advent reflections book:
"Lord, may we not run from our own suffering and that of others, but move through it patiently and learn the lessons of compassion it holds. Amen." -- And now I just realized that we forgot to start the Advent Calendar with Lauren, has chocolates for each day ... did it every year with Christine, she so looked forward to opening the little doors after dinner--I'm so so sorry Lauren!!

Stop All The Clocks by W. H. Auden
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message She Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

And that concludes my afternoon cry at the office.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, December 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am there for you all. Sods

 
At 8:18 AM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have plenty of time to get started on the Advent calendar tradition for Lauren. Don't beat yourself up about that. She'll never remember if you did or didn't do it this year. How was your meeting last night? JJS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home