Monday, December 12, 2005

*Sad*urday--cryin' everywhere

It started at the dentists office at 8a.m. ...I had called the office to let them now about Christine before the wake/funeral so I would not have to break-down at their office. They came to the wake. I told Jan we were taking it day-by-day. She cleaned away and the Dr. came in to check out the teeth and say she's thinking/praying for us. I started the water works and then Jan listened to me talk about missing her...spent about 5-7 minutes just crying and talking...was nice and sad way to start the day. Thanks for being there Jan!

Mass at 5:15:
Well, it's been pretty much common place now to cry at some point during the mass...it started right before mass when a parent of a pre-schooler stopped to say she saw me last week but did not say anything to me, but that day wanted to say she's praying for strength for us...so I began to tear-up. Then as usual, I listen to the readings/gospel/music with a new focus and think it's all geared toward me. At the sign-of-peace, the mom-Amy, came back a few rows to give me a big hug...more crying. She barely knows me. Probably never been formaly introduced, just passed in the pre-school halls...so nice to have that kindness around us. Thanks Amy!

Later that evening:
Our neighbors, who used to live across the street from us (they were the first ones we called that night we rushed to the emergency room), moved away this summer (3 blocks away) had a house warming/christmas party. We went to get out and take a break. All of our neighbors were there...Julie came over and said, I made Carolyn cry. She told me that she takes classes at a JC and it's across the street from the cemetery and so she stops to visit Christine every Tues/Thurs. Says she's never done it for anyone before. Cleans off the grave from leaves, leaves her hand prints in the snow and talks to her about life, school etc. She is/was one of the pre-school helper moms and she loved Christine---kept planning on one of her older sons to be Christine's prom date. I began to tear-up at the site of her doing this. Then Charlie came over and his tears started up. Right there in the middle of 100+ peeps enjoying holiday cheer, we're hugging and crying. Thanks for being there Juls, Charlie and Todd!

It's going to continue to happen this way for awhile.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading your post and my iPod was on shuffle and the song "My Heart Will Go On" came on. I teared up as well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home