Thursday, December 01, 2005

Finding Strength

On the day of your wake...C & I looked to the heavens as we walked into the FH and asked you-Christine, to give us strength as we prepared the room for you with many, many pictures of you and awaited the 6 hour wake celebration...and you did. We stood talking to all the people you touched in your 4 short years on earth and you gave us strength to get through that. People came to share in our sorrow and provide support. They have provided so much strength as well. The only reason we have been able to survive this ordeal is because of the support and strength we have gotten and continue to get from our close family, friends, faith in God...and of course from you. Please know that you will always be with us and will never leave our hearts.

As time marches on, I find myself seeking out the support of those who have faith as well. I've contacted a few of my HS teachers who were brothers in the priesthood 25 years ago and are now well schooled priests--I'll be meeting with them soon to talk. I've also contacted old friends that I've not seen in decades that share in the lords faith as well...just talking to them on the phone and sharing emails has provided great strength.
Dad

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Mommygoth said...

It sounds like you have some people to lean on, but I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you and your wife just to get through each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home