Monday, December 12, 2005

The Worldwide Candle Lighting

On Sunday at 7 p.m. (to 8p.m.), the Compassionate Friends --http://tinyurl.com/7abqn-- (support group for those parents/families who've lost a child/sibling) held the 9th annual Worldwide Candle Lighting. There are formal gatherings around the country/world, but we just lit them at home this year. I lit one for Jake, Jennifer and Christine. I thought I'd sit there and cry all hour, but I'd just done that for 45 minutes on the phone with my sister Linda. My sister Teresa sat for the hour with a candle, Christine's picture and soothing music. Janice lit one as well and found it hard to blow it out. We kept ours lit until bed time. Thank you all for taking part and remembering.
Stayed home from work today.

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

That's a beautiful way to remember all of the children. I almost wrote "lost" children, but then thought, "they're not lost at all".

I love how you can go to church and hear a message JUST FOR YOU. It's no accident. God does speak to you all the time if you are listening.

 
At 9:12 AM, December 13, 2005, Blogger Bike said...

thanks Laura!

 
At 2:10 PM, December 13, 2005, Blogger Juanita said...

Well said, Laurita.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home