Sunday, November 09, 2008

... between carrots ...

Sooooooooooo...what do you call it when you've completed 'something' and the next 'something' is a ways off?

I doubt that many readers will understand my point...but a quick explanation goes like this:

This summer, as like last summer, I planned a little 'something' called Weiss-Up Wednesday...and then when it passed in September, we look to the Oktoberfest season...and then the anniversary.

Once October has come and gone, the next carrot is the holiday season...as well as the Christkindlmarket in the Loop...but it does not start until Thanksgiving Day, but it does run until Christmas.

My point being, the time between major events in our lives are dry/mundane at times and so we look to the next carrot to get us through the day...well, at least I do. And a friend coined the phrase 'in between carrots' ... that is where I'm at now. Work load is absolutely crazy crazy and so I need to look forward...to that next carrot.
----
Post-post update: at 6:09 tonight, just before dinner, Lauren decides to go to her kitchen, which she has not played with in months...and gets some plastic carrots for her Teddy to eat at dinner...so he could eat carrots just like Lauren...who has not done well with them until tonight...funny. It was a moment to hear here say ... 'this is the last carrot'... hmmm, what is the last carrot in life? that's deep question ... and I think I know the answer...it's not so much the last carrot as it is the ultimate carrot.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, November 09, 2008, Blogger Juanita said...

Great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home