Wednesday, October 29, 2008

last kiss...

As I sit here, reflecting on what events occurred 3 years ago today/tonight, my eyes easily fill with tears...and flow so easily. The tears have been fewer the last 12 months, but they come when they need too and when I least expect them too.

I recall the last tear I wiped from your face this afternoon as you sat in our room watching a movie...you must have known. I remember the last cute look you gave me as you sat on the couch...I wanted to get the camera, and now I regret that I did not...I recall that very serious face, you looked so much older and yet so cute...it pains me to remember it. I remember the last moments of it all~as if it was yesterday....talking about making those homemade pizza's 'tomorrow' as we knew you did not feel well tonight...talking about cooking marsh mellows over the fire 'tomorrow' as well... the things we never got to do. I painfully remember the last kiss I gave you as mom walked you in our room to sooth you...

The real pain will be waking up at 2:15 a.m. tonight/tomorrow to know that you are gone...but I know I will see you again.

'Tini, I love you, I miss you and I'm so sorry we've lost you...
I feel your presence daily...thank you.
good night from Daddy.
----

ps...I thank those who remember this day and our pain...Patty, Martha, Jennifer, Janice, Bone and all those who remember in their own way. Your kind words, thoughts and prayer are so greatly appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, October 30, 2008, Blogger Juanita said...

Hugs and prayers to you today, and peace be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home