Thursday, March 30, 2006

Seeking Peace

I'm not really trying to do the "ABC's of grief" and define Peace...but this is the story.

Yesterday, and the last few weeks, have been a real bear at the office...I find myself doing/acting/saying things I wish did not come out of my mouth. I so looked forward to going to St. Peter's for mass at lunchtime in the loop, then attending the Taize Prayer service at St. Raymond's after work, followed by the CRHP meeting...all these events have become a part of my crazy weeks and it's nice they come in the middle of the week when I need to re-focus and find peace!

Last night at the weekly CRHP meeting, a fellow brother asked 'what's the meaning of peace?'...a few spoke of tranquility, lack of war--as defined in a dictionary, calm etc. He had no idea I was seeking peace after a very frustrating week or so...

Then today...just moments ago, my sister sent me an very timely email card: (she knew a bit of my frustrations lately--and I guess instinctively knew I sought peace)

----
Life gets crazy.

God gives peace.

"...You will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7 TLB
----

Thanks to my CRHP brothers and Teresa for showing and guiding me to peace when I really need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home