Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June is a four-letter word....(pain, hurt)

So, here we are again.  Waiting for the multiple 'hard' days to pass this month....

1. my birthday -16th
2. Fathers Day -same day
3. Christine's birthday -22nd

On each of these days each year, I hurt, missing Christine at each turn.  Maybe it hurts more this year because of the nice calender L and I created that hangs in my cube....with pictures of me and the girls on my birthday and Father's Day 2005---the only time all three of us celebrated those joyous days together.


As I reflect this month, I realize the pain comes w/o notice and seems to linger the entire month .... the waiting hurts the most I think....but, this too shall pass.

This summer I put together an Angel Bike Ride that takes me past the homes of other families who have also lost children....it helps me and reminds me that I/we are not alone on this grief journey....we are surrounded by those who know our pain and can help us cope.


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home